Sunday, March 01, 2009

The Shack

Described as "God as you've never seen him before" and "Where tragedy meets eternity," this book will change the way you see God and how you interact with Him. As a Christian, I have struggled daily to do what I think God expects of me and fail miserably. I often think I disappoint God with my constant failings.

Excerpt, as God is speaking to the main character, Mack: "I've never placed an expectation on you or anyone else. The idea behind expectations requires that someone does not know the future or outcome and is trying to control behavior to get the desired result. Humans try to control behavior largely through expectations. I know you and everything about you. Why would I have an expectation other than what I already know? That would be foolish. And beyond that, because I have no expectations, you never disappoint me."

Wow, what a relief. I cannot disappoint if there are no expectations!

No comments: